Your tour of Rome will be incomplete without visiting its magnificent museums. You will be overwhelmed by the antiquity and majesty of the artifacts and art works that you can find in any Rome museum.
That is why you have to make it a point to set specific schedules for your museum visits while in Rome. In this way, you will be able to bring back a piece of history with you at the end of your Roman adventure.
The Rome Museum System
To make your museum tour more pleasant, you have to understand the basic museum system of Rome. Because there are lots of museums you can visit in Rome, it would be best for you to understand its different museum categories.
Rome’s museum system will also enable you to choose which museum matches your interest. Basically, the museums in Rome are organized into the following categories or groups:
1. The Archeologico Group – You will be able to see the archeological heritage of Rome and the world in these museums. There are numerous ancient artifacts to see in these museums.
You can also see the architectural grandeur of ancient Rome when you visit its archeological museums. If you fancy the ancients and breathtaking architecture, then a visit to these museums is a must.
2. Contemporaneo and Moderno Group – If you are fond of contemporary and modern art, then these museums are perfect for you. You will be able to view the masterpieces of the most famous Italian artists as well as world masters in these museums.
3. Scientifico Museums – If you are a science and natural history buff, you will surely enjoy the science museums of Rome. You will be enthralled by the excellent digital technology employed in the Roman Planetarium.
The science museums of Rome will also walk you through the different species of life on earth. Preserved animals and plant life are available for you to see.
You will surely have a grand time taking a walk through history. The museums of Rome offer variety so you can choose which one would be best for you.
Of course, if you have more time to spare, it is advisable that you visit all museums of Rome to really enjoy your stay in this majestic city.
Things You Need to Know When Visiting Museums
There are standard policies you have to follow when you are inside one of Rome’s museums. Some museums have special rules so you have to know these before your visit.
The following guidelines are generally applied in every Rome museum:
- You cannot use cameras with flash and tripods especially when you are in the antiquity art sections.
- You will not be allowed to use camcorders or video equipments inside the museums. This is also applicable for any special exhibitions that might be taking place.
- You cannot eat or drink inside a Rome museum. This rule seeks to protect the valuable items displayed in a Roman museum.
- You cannot bring umbrellas, pets, big bags and backpacks in any museum in Rome. Smoking inside museums is also prohibited.
Visiting any Rome museum is a rewarding experience. If you visit Rome, you should place museum tour on top of your vacation priorities.